- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.p5VL3RkF.dpuf The Old Lucketts Store Blog: Amy's Chile Mole'

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Amy's Chile Mole'

067

This time of year always brings out the "nesting" mom in me.  Last Monday I found myself at home with a rare day off from the shop.  It was a perfect fall day and as I was cleaning, organizing, and doing laundry, I got a hankering to have a big old pot of something on the stove for my peeps when they got home from work and school.  I decided to make a chili I'm pretty good at.  I kind of created the recipe over several years of trying this and that.  The key ingredient is the cacao, it makes the chili rich and savory like a Mexican mole' sauce.  This time I thought I'd write it all down "officially" and share it with you.  So here it is.

(It ended up being very much appreciated by my son and husband and was the perfect compliment to monday night football!)

Amy's Chili Mole'

1 lg. onion chopped

3 lg. cloves of garlic minced

1-2 lbs of lean ground beef

1 packet taco seasoning

two 28 oz cans diced tomato

2 cans kidney beans

1 -2 tbsp. chili powder (depending on how spicey you like it)

1tbsp. "cocoa chile blend" (McCormick) (spice section) if you can't find this, don't freak out. Just put in more reg. chili powder & more cacao

1 tsp. cumin

1 tbsp. Ghirardelli 100% cacao unsweetened chocolate for baking (Cacao chips come in a bag in the baking section)

1 tsp. salt

In medium stew pot saute onion and garlic in olive oil.  Add ground beef and brown.  Drain beef  and add packet of taco seasoning (follow directions on seasoning packet). Continue cooking beef until taco seasoning is all cooked in.  Add tomatos, beans, and spices and cacao chips.  Stir well.  Simmer on low for 30 minutes.  Garnish with sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantro, and corn chips!

-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments and love to hear your thoughts, ideas, and inspiration. Please leave a comment and share with us!